Maintenance of green walls
Maintenance of green walls
A green wall is a vertical garden that needs maintenance like a garden in the ground. Planning for wall maintenance in a design project is essential.
This maintenance of the green wall is a fundamental element in ensuring the sustainability of the structure. It takes real expertise to maintain a green wall in good condition. Managing watering and controlling the pruning of perennials are two essential elements for having a beautiful, well-developed green wall that lasts over time.
Day-to-day management includes:
- the control and adjustment of the watering according to the humidity of the building, the weather
An irrigation check will be carried out at least once a week and includes: – checking the watering times of each network
– the flow
– the log of alarms received.
Any alert received implies a rapid reaction on our part.
- monitoring the vegetative aspect of plants. We inspect the terminal buds, the underside of the leaves, the anchor point of the leaves. If necessary, phytosanitary treatments will be applied, favoring biological control. Weeding, replacement of plants having withered or having a weak development, in general less than 5% of replacement per year, remote monitoring (connected wall) of alerts on the irrigation system by GSM on a weekly basis
- We have three types of on-site interventions:
– The first size of the calendar year
It is done just after winter and before the start of vegetation in spring. It is necessary to cut back damaged plants systematically and to carry out a shaping size for the other plants.
– The second passage
It is usually done in July. Pruning is more gentle and selective, it is about removing all faded blooms and maintaining invasive plants by selective pruning.
– The third passage
Usually done in October Pruning is more gentle and selective, it involves removing all faded blooms and maintaining invasive plants by selective pruning.
The replacement of lost plants usually takes place between March and April depending on weather conditions. It is done properly, replanting is done using a dibble, making sure you have a well-moistened substrate beforehand for the establishment of new species.
- checks on the structure, to validate the good mechanical strength of the assemblies
- checking the condition of the hydraulic unit, PVC bonding and solenoid valves
- checking the flow rate of the drippers
- substrate check
The monitoring and maintenance of our green facades is always carried out by qualified personnel.
The organization, study, implementation and management of these operations is carried out by the Maintenance Manager who also monitors the project throughout its development.
The teams of technicians carry out maintenance services as well as so-called after-sales work.
These teams are made up of a trained botanist and a landscaper in order to obtain a complementary pairing by providing the main skills required for the management of this type of development, such as extensive knowledge of plants and technical experience for maintenance work.
Holders of their CACES, they use the different lifting devices for complete versatility in all situations.